Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What We've Learned:

Having Marni around is a good excuse for a cuddle in bed (before tea, no less!):


She had joined us for Thanksgiving weekend and helped out with the cooking for the big dinner.  On her last day here we had a nice quiet morning at home before she got on the road...





I got the chance to knit with the little guy sleeping on my lap...
A nice way to spend the 20 minute post-prandial upright time.


Carter learned a few things, too:

Woah!
Carter's been able to follow objects moving along his line of vision with jerky eye movements for a little while now, so we've been playing with the rattle.  Last night I put it in his hand and he actually held it for a bit...
Check out my baby-ninja skillz!


I've also discovered the power of the forward-facing baby in the carrier!

Behold! The ability to make breakfast
while Carter's  awake!
Now, I just need to learn what his different cries are:  there are times when I just can't figure out what he wants: I've changed him, fed him, swaddled him, put him down, picked him up, and tried to entertain him and still he fusses.  What gives, little buddy?  

1 comment:

Kelly Mo said...

What about toots and burps? G's ambiguous fussy times boiled down to toots and burps.