Carter turns 5 months next week! It's hard to believe the little guy has been in our lives that long (I KNOW - everyone warned us it was going to go by so fast. Yes, yes, you were right.)
- Be active, playful and gregarious. Check.

- Rolls from side to side. Not even close. He's not such a fan of being on his tummy, so he's not motivated.
- Holds up chest when lying on tummy. Sorta.

- Supports head when held in sitting position. Check.
- Sits with support for longer periods. Check.

- Kicks up a storm. Check.

- Reaches and grasps some objects. Check.

- Shakes rattle when placed in hand. Check.
- Puts everything into mouth. Not so much - he doesn't seem to like the taste of anything except milk.
- Turns head purposefully in response to human voice. Yeah - it's pretty funny when he forgets someone is sitting next to him, and then he'll be surprised at their voice.
- Just begins to realize objects exist even when out of sight. Maybe - it's hard to tell, but he is starting to laugh when I throw a blanket over his head.
- Focuses clearly. Hello Feet!
- Acknowledges bottle gleefully. I don't really know, but he's started to not nurse very well because he gets a bottle at daycare. It's kind of a problem actually - anyone know how to re-teach a baby to nurse?
- Fascinated with mirror image. Check.
- Is intensely absorbed in what is going on. Check. Double-check.

- Laughs and giggles while playing and socializing. Check. He's started to whoop and yip. OK, sometimes he sounds like a small dog.
- Plays contentedly with fingers and hands. I think he's over that already.
- Carefully studies objects placed in hand. Check.
- Usually sleeps through the night. This is the thing I am most grateful about - 9p to 6a almost every night since 2 months. He's a sweet boy.
- Basks in attention. Demanding really.
So I guess he's developmentally caught up from being 5 weeks early. Growth wise: have you seen his cheeks?!?!?!


1 comment:
Finnian says, "He looks like Mr. Brian. When can we visit that baby?" When, indeed! Miss you guys. xoxo
Post a Comment